The Hans Hoyer 7801 F/Bb Heritage Series French Horns are “Kruspe” style instruments for players who are looking for the large dark “studio” sound without compromising control. The design was developed in close cooperation with key artists, including Vince De Rosa and Myron Bloom.
7801 Kruspe Style
The bell receives special attention in the annealing process as the last branch and bell flare are made from one piece of brass rather than the traditional two-piece design. This brings out additional harmonics and resonance that players respond to. The valves have also been specially treated and hand-fitted to have an “aged” feel so players do not have a “break-in period” and can be very comfortable from the very beginning.
- Key : F/Bb
- Model : Heritage
- Bore : .468" / 11,90 mm
- Bell : 12.204" / 310 mm
- Valves : 4 "aged-in" conical rotary valves, 3B linkage system
- Features : Yellow brass body, specially treated and annealed "one-piece" hand-hammered extra-large (XL) throat bell (fixed), gold brass lead pipe, adjustable thumb lever, additional main tuning slide for European tuning
- Options : Nickel silver, detachable bell, string mechanism (model 7802), three-dimensional adjustable finger hook, adjustable hand rest (flipper)
- Finish : Unlacquered
- Outfit : Mouthpiece, rotor oil, slide grease, torx/Alan wrenches, cleaning cloth, lightweight backpack-style case
- Models :
- HH7801NSA-0-0 : Unlacquered, nickel silver, detachable bell