The Hans Hoyer K10 F/Bb Double Horn is the newest innovation for the orchestra. The design was developed in close cooperation with Markus Wittgens, Principal horn in the Gurzenich Orchestra in Cologne and is a member of the Bayreuth Festival Orchestra.
The K10 has a well-orchestrated middle range and a greatly responsive low register. An unknown ease in the higher area is obtained with a light rotary valve set, a full-flow switch valve, and an individually adjustable mouthpiece receiver – a pleasant, well-balanced set up for any professional.
Mouthpiece position in the Horn’s lead pipe is critical:
For best response and articulation, each K10 is supplied with a selection of 6 different mouthpiece receivers to achieve a perfect fit with the most common mouthpiece shanks.
Each and every K10 undergoes a series of tests by Markus Wittgens personally before being packaged and sent to our customers.
- Key : F/Bb
- Bore : .468" / 11,90 mm
- Bell : 12.204" / 310 mm
- Valves : 4 lightweight conical rotary valves, 3B linkage system, full flow switch valve
- Features : Interchangeable mouthpiece receiver system (includes 6 tapers), hand-hammered medium-large (ML) throat bell (detachable), full-flow switch valve, detachable gold brass lead pipe, yellow brass body, 3D adjustable finger hook, adjustable thumb lever and hand rest (flipper)
- Options : Additional lead pipes in brass, gold brass or nickel silver, regular or smaller taper
- Finish : Unlacquered or clear lacquer
- Outfit : Mouthpiece, rotor oil, slide grease, torx/Alan wrenches, cleaning cloth, Bonna case
- Models :
- HHK10A-0-0 : Unlacquered
- HHK10A-1-0 : Clear lacquer
- HHK10GA-0-0 : Unlacquered, gold brass
- HHK10GA-1-0 : Clear lacquer, gold brass